What should I take?
It is essential that when selecting your options for studying in the Sixth Form you consider the following key points:
1. Are you interested in studying the subject?
You will be studying the subject for 5 hours a week plus homework for the next one or two years, so it is important you choose carefully
2. Do you know what the subject involves?
The prospectus is only a starting point. Ask subject staff and Sixth Form students what the subject involves
3. Have I got the ability to be successful within the subject?
Check out the following document: Sixth Form Entry Requirements 2021-2022
4. What subjects can I take at the same time?
Check out the following document: Sixth Form Course Pools 2021-2022
5. Is my combination of subjects sensible?
If you don’t know what you want to do then choose a range of subjects to develop your skills and knowledge and widen the options for the future.
Achieving Your Potential
All students need support and guidance in order to reach their full potential and you will be set challenging targets which are continually tracked and monitored. Comprehensive support is available to you, including:
- Termly reports are produced, ensuring that progress is continually reviewed and appropriate action implemented to ensure success.
- A full academic report is provided mid-way through the year to ensure that you and your parents/carers are fully aware of how success can be achieved.
- Parent Consultation Evenings are held to discuss progress.
- Progress Tutors regularly review progress through 1:1 meetings and target setting for improvement and development.
- Our Sixth Form Progress Manager mentors students who have been identified as requiring additional support to achieve their potential.
- Subject staff work in close conjunction with you, your parents/carers and your Progress Tutor to ensure that your progress is reviewed and any necessary intervention implemented swiftly to achieve success.
- You will have access to a Supported Study facility supervised by staff for your independent study. The Supported Study room is open from 8.00 am until 4.30 pm daily.