We expect students to maintain their attendance above 96% as evidence shows that a student’s achievement has a clear correlation with their record of attendance. We also feel that students need to be aware of the impact that low levels of attendance can have on their application for future jobs or university applications.
What is good attendance?
- 100% Outstanding Attendance
Proves to give a young person the very best chance of success.
- 95% Good Attendance
Few interruptions to learning, however a very good chance of success.
- 90% or Less A Serious Concern
Persistent Absentee – as defined by the DfE. Worrying and can affect learning in school.
Our Expectations of Students:
- You have attendance levels of at least 96%
- You attend registration promptly at 8.45 am unless agreed with the Head of Sixth Form
- All absences follow the school’s procedures
- Medical/dental appointments should be made outside of school hours, where this is not possible and will result in you missing lessons or attending late, it is expected that proof of the appointment is brought in to school
- Driving lessons should not be taken during the school day
- Students should sign out if they are leaving the school premises and sign in upon their return. The ‘Signing In/Out’ board is located outside the Sixth Form Office
Uniform for BH6 is compulsory but differs from that in the lower school and there are two options:
1. General uniform: This comprises of black trousers, skirts or pinafores, white shirt, BH6 tie, a black fine knit cardigan or V-neck jumper and black shoes. If they wish to, students may purchase a BH6 hoodie to wear instead of the cardigan or jumper; this is optional.
2. Curriculum uniform: for students studying BTEC Sport, A-Level PE and Dance there is the option to purchase BH6 Sports Kit which can be worn as ‘uniform’; this is by no means compulsory for these students and they can wear the ‘standard’ uniform if they prefer. The BH6 Sports Kit can be worn with the BH6 Hoodie if chosen to.
Please find information on our uniform policy, and how to purchase uniform: Sixth Form Uniform 2021-2022
Student Parking at School
Please find our student parking at school application and policy: Student Parking at School – Application and Policy 2020-2021